Friday, September 24, 2010

Montage Project

For my montage, I used the tools and skills I learned from the website roseindia/ Photoshop/tutorials. Using those skills I was able to manipulate and make an effect on the picture to make it realistic, emotional, and create a story. Using the tools elliptical marquee, polygonal and magnetic lasso tool, brush and history brush, pattern stamp, and most importantly layer mask. With these tools I was able to make realistic and the same time make it feel as if it’s telling a story. This montage wouldn’t have felt 3D if it weren’t for the tool I think was the most important, layer mask. Layer mask helped me make it realistic as if the pictures connect with each other and not flat.
Using the layer mask I was able to put a picture on top of another picture and erase the edges, parts of the picture, or unimportant parts. Doing the same step with the boy and the girl I was able to manipulate those two pictures making as if their originally in the picture. The tools and skills I learned from roseindia helped me a lot by connecting two pictures together and adding additional creations or pictures to a certain photo.


1 comment:

  1. I think your montage picture was really interesting and different. I like how you were one of the few guys who decided to not do their project on the new Halo game. In my opinion you have really great Photoshop skills, and you’re also very aware of what you want and what you like and I like how you put all of that into your project.

    The reason why I gave you a five in your project s images is because the images you choose for your project made your montage more original. I think you did a great job on choosing your images because you choose very distinct images, which helped make your project original and different. Also because the images you choose showed your point of view on your montage project.

    You also understood the elements of visual design. All these elements you used in your montage seemed to have helped you in selecting your tools, for example in retouching and adjusting images and the color, to make the scene of your montage different, interesting and original. For instance I like how the scene in your project has a different atmospheric feel, because of the colors you choose to insert in it. Another thing I liked was how you inserted different images like the two little kids sitting in the grass. I think that the image before adding the two children made it seem like a place where you probably wouldn’t find any human existence, but by deciding to add the two children to the scene, it made it seem as if there might be some kind of human existence in the place.

    Even though you have very good Photoshop skills and you’re very good at using the tools , I think your montage could’ve tried to communicate a better story or been more straightforward with what you were trying to say. For example I don’t understand the location of your montage, like I had mentioned before I thought the scene was a place where you wouldn’t find any human existence, so I think that maybe you could’ve tried and kept that feel in the scene.

    Lastly I think your paragraphs could’ve been more descriptive for instance , you could’ve said in your paragraphs, what you are trying to communicate or what the story on your montage was about and how you think it made your image original. Either way you have very good skills I just think you should think more about what you are going to try say with your image as well as what you want communicate or try to make the story about your image about.

    ReplyDelete